Advertisement

Feeling inspired! - Using sticktricks on hi hat

Feeling inspired! - Using sticktricks on hi hat Feeling inspired!! :)

There are alot of great drummers here on YouTube and on Insta, and I recently posted a video on Insta inspired from a drummer there, uploading it here as well now. Check her out if you haven’t already, adding a link to her Insta-video here, which inspired this video:

I have been wanting to use stick tricks more as a part of actual playing. Stick tricks are fun entertainment, but can be useless if you can’t get them incorporated into your drumming somehow, right?... Here I’m trying to use a few stick tricks on the hi hat while keeping a simple groove. I almost mess up on the fourth spin, hitting the edge twice and having to do a «save» with my left hand, but decided to post anyways, hope you all enjoy.

The first one I use is called a thumb-around, hitting the hi hat before starting the spin. Second one is a fake spin, hitting the underside of the hi hat. Not sure what the third one is called, if anything, but I spin the stick one way, then back the other way, shifting direction of the actual spin. Fourth one is what’s called a helicopter I think, but skipping directly into the spin on the second hit.

If you like my content leave a like and subscribe if you haven’t already. Thanks for watching. ^^ #sticktrickpractice #sticktricks #sticktricks4you

sticktricks

Post a Comment

0 Comments