Advertisement

I stole $ from my parents & now I’m homeless

I stole $ from my parents & now I’m homeless Hi, my name is Carrie and I have a story that might make you feel a little uncomfortable.
I guess I’m trying to get my story out there so that you can see that it only takes a few bad choices to turn your life upside down.
Unlike a lot of stories, it doesn’t start with a bad home life. Quite the opposite really. I had a fantastic homelife with some amazing parents. We weren’t super rich or anything, but I never went without. We always had a family vacation, plenty of presents on birthdays, and most importantly love. There was plenty of that.
I would love nothing more than spending time with my parents. My mom would always make me feel safe and my dad would make me laugh. Even when it was lame dad jokes, he just knew how to make them work.
It doesn’t seem like there was anything that could have messed up this perfect life. But there was. It was puberty.
While so many thinks that puberty is just this simple switch that gets flicked in a child, it is so much more traumatic than that. Our whole brains are being rewired and we are expected to act rationally. That’s pretty unfair.
I don’t want it to sound like I’m blaming everything on this, but it didn’t help. It made me moody and clouded my judgment which made me end up in my current situation.
Not long after turning 14, I fell in love. This should be a magical moment in a young girl’s life, but it went from dream to nightmare very quickly. Michael was five years older than me and knew exactly how to mix me up and get me to go with him on just about anything he said.
Michael came from a bad home; his father was a drinker and his mother was into harder stuff. He wanted out, who could blame him. As soon as we met, he started telling me that we should live together. It was all too fast for me, but he kept telling me that my parents were trying to keep us apart. The truth is, they didn’t even know about him until we were dating for two months.
They weren’t happy about him being so much older, but I was so clouded with hormones and what I thought was love that I felt they were just proving his point and trying to keep us apart. I started to sneak him into my room at night and he would hide out in my closet during the day.
My parents aren’t dum-dums though and we were quickly found out. When my parents told me, I had to break up with him, Michael convinced me to move out with him. I stole a bunch of money from my parents and we found a super cheap apartment. Looking back at it now, I think that it was actually a squat and Michael was taking the money.
Then one day I woke up and Michael was gone. So was the money. Some other people who said that they were friends of Michael started showing up at the apartment saying that they were staying there. It started to scare me a bit, so I left there too.
I don’t know where Michael is, I’m living on the street and sleeping where I can. I don’t know what to do. I’m too scared and embarrassed to go home, I don’t know where Michael is, and I don’t have anywhere to go.
What should I do? Where should I go?

dory story,story,actually happened,story time,animation,stories,problems,storytime,true stories,short animation,animated channel,animation short film,drama,teen stories,life story,my story animated,animated story,story booth,storybooth,reddit,reddit stories,ask reddit,Teen Stories,I WALK,Homeless,stole money,Became Homeless,money,stole money from parents,parents,parent's money,

Post a Comment

0 Comments